06 July 2013

Life on the floodplains of Kismaros

I did not know about this workshop in Kismaros, until Szilveszter Aradi sent me an e-mail that they had finished with this nature film. The Mátyásfa Environment Protection Association together with the Kisduna Newspaper made a 20 minute long film on the nature and species of the Kismaros floodpalins. The shooting started in February and lasted until May, so they have captured aspects of three seasons. I am quite happy about mentioning my name in this film, because the creators used some of my maps and aerial photographs previously published on the blog. It may help the audience knowing their way around.




The film was made by todays favourite time-lapse photography technique. We see sunbathing turtles, fish moving about the surface, wriggling colubrine, mating frogs, diving ducks, and cranes drying themselves on tree branches. I warn you, you may get goose skin watchint the clouds passing over the Danube. We may watch them the water of the Kismaros side branch for hours as it is changing from sunshine to wind and rain. My favourite part comes at 6:00, but I will not tell what it is.

At the end some critics: I think it would be better to use sounds from the nature, like bird song, blowing wind, warbling water, or just natural silence, rather than this artificial music. But this is only a nuance, because the film is very moving. It is good to know, that people along the Danube still making movies like this!

They should teach the last move in this film!

An earlier post on the Kismaros floodplains flowers:

No comments:

Post a Comment